This beautiful hand forged Sashimi knife is perfect for preparing fish and other meats.
Please note that these blades are absolutely handmade and no two blades are the same. Each knife will likely have small imperfections such as hammer marks, scratches and different handles etc. We call this character!
Made from Russian Leaf Spring (5160) – High Carbon Steel. Forged using traditional methods (22 steps to forge each knife).
Rosewood and ebony ergonomically designed handle.
No box. The knife will be securely packed for shipping. The knife will be pre-oiled with premium Camellia Oil.
Hand forged in Vietnam by Dao Vua. Dao Vua are a multi-generation (since 1288) Vietnamese blacksmith family named Nhat. Based in Hanoi, a handful of blade smiths hand-forge simple, but beautiful knives of various styles. These knives are building a reputation around the world due to the traditional methods used to forge the knives and the excellent quality of the blades themselves.
As each knife is individually hand forged, specifications are approximate.
|Total length||51.0 cm|
|Blade Height||3.5 cm|
Care and Use Instructions
- Suitable for use on vegetables, fish and meats.
- Do not use on frozen foods or bones.
- Only use natural wood or plastic cutting boards. Never use stone, glass or other rigid cutting surfaces.
- Hand wash with warm soapy water, rinse clean and dry after each use.
- Always apply a small amount of oil after each use. We recommend Tsubaki oil (Japanese Camellia Oil) which has been used for centuries by Japanese knife makers to protect all types of steel.
- Avoid prolonged immersion in liquids (water, solvents, etc).
- Do not clean in the dishwasher.
- Sharpen using a whetstone or a quality knife sharpener.
- Store your knife in a dry place.
- As a minimum, wipe the blade with oil, 3 to 4 times a year to stop rust forming (more often if near water).