This high carbon steel butcher knife / cleaver is perfect for slicing fish, meats and vegetables.
Hand forged from High Carbon Steel (5cr15).
Natural wood handle.
Made in China.
|Blade length||16.5 cm|
|Total length||29.0 cm|
|Blade Height||10.5 cm|
Care and Use Instructions
- Suitable for use on fish, meats and vegetables.
- Only use natural wood or plastic cutting boards. Never use stone, glass or other rigid cutting surfaces.
- Hand wash with warm soapy water, rinse clean and dry after each use.
- Always apply a small amount of oil after each use. We recommend Tsubaki oil (Japanese Camellia Oil) which has been used for centuries by Japanese knife makers to protect all types of steel.
- Avoid prolonged immersion in liquids (water, solvents, etc).
- Do not clean in the dishwasher.
- Sharpen using a whetstone or a quality knife sharpener.
- Store your knife in a dry place (out of the sheath).
- As a minimum, wipe the blade with oil, 3 to 4 times a year to stop rust forming (more often if near water).
- Given the right conditions, even stainless steel can rust. If you are in a humid climate or coastal region it is important to keep your knife's blade protected with a quality knife oil.