For centuries Camellia oil (or Tsubaki oil) has been used to protect the blades of samurai swords and chef knives across Japan. It is a light oil that creates a membrane over the surface of the metal, which blocks moisture and will not affect the knifes finish or any glue. The oil protects all steel knives from rust, staining, and tarnishing. The oil won't prevent the natural tarnish that high carbon steel knives attract however it protect these blades against rust. The oil is safe to use on all kitchen knives including high carbon, stainless-steel and can even be used on wooden handles. Our Camellia oil is 100% pure, odourless, tasteless, non-drying and food-safe.
- 100% pure natural light oil extracted from camellia seeds.
- It will preserve and protect the blades from rust and oxidisation.
- It can be used on stainless and high carbon steel.
- The oil will help preserve natural wooden handles.
- The oil comes in a 30ml glass bottle with a pump applicator.
- Ingredient: 100% Pure Camellia Oil (Tsubaki Oil)
- Volume: 50ml & 100ml
- Weight: 60g & 115g
- Certified: Food Grade non-toxic
- Shelf Life: 2 years
How to use:
- Always apply the oil after washing or if you want be using the knife for some time.
- Please be sure to clean and dry the blade before applying the Camellia oil.
- Apply the oil to a clean cloth or add a few drops directly on the blade.
- Wipe the blade on both sides with the cloth.
- Before using the oiled knife again, wash the knife under running cold water to remove the oil (the oil is food safe).
- Store your knives in a wooden saya cover, a canvas bag (leather not recommended) or on a magnetic knife holder.