This carbon steel Chinese cleaver is perfect for slicing fish, meats, poultry and vegetables.
Please note that these blades are absolutely handmade and no two blades are the same. Each knife will likely have small imperfections such as hammer marks, scratches and different handles etc. We call this character!
Made from Leaf Spring Carbon Steel.
No box. The knife will be securely packed for shipping. The knife will be pre-oiled with premium Camellia Oil.
Hand forged in Vietnam by artisan bladesmith Hoc Kieu. Based in Thanh Hoa Province, Hoc Kieu hand-forges beautiful knives of various styles. These knives are building a reputation around the world due to the traditional methods used to forge the knives and the excellent quality of the blades themselves.
As each knife is individually hand forged, specifications are approximate.
|Blade length||22.0 cm|
|Total length||35.0 cm|
|Blade Height||9.0 cm|
|Weight||Approx 550 grams|
|Hardness||58 - 59HRC|
Care and Use Instructions
- Suitable for use on vegetables, fish, poultry and meats.
- Only use natural wood or plastic cutting boards. Never use stone, glass or other rigid cutting surfaces.
- Hand wash with warm soapy water, rinse clean and dry after each use.
- Always apply a small amount of oil after each use. We recommend Tsubaki oil (Japanese Camellia Oil) which has been used for centuries by Japanese knife makers to protect all types of steel.
- Avoid prolonged immersion in liquids (water, solvents, etc).
- Do not clean in the dishwasher.
- Sharpen using a whetstone or a quality knife sharpener.
- As this knife is a Japanese style, the blade has been sharpened at a 15 degree angle. This means the edge is sharper and will cut with more precision than a western style 20 degree bevel.
- Store your knife in a dry place.
- As a minimum, wipe the blade with oil, 3 to 4 times a year to stop rust forming (more often if near water).